Sit & Stay Fit Module
Do you want to expand your employment opportunities and broaden your CV?
Then the KFA Sit and Stay Fit Module will enable you to teach chair based classes.
The module will cover:
- Age related changes to the body systems
- Adapting movement for common medical conditions that may affect class participation
- Planning and teaching Laban movement content for chair based classes
The module includes a combination of distance learning and interactive practical training that will focus on balance, flexibility, strength and co-ordination together with postural stability to help with falls prevention.
This chair based module will cover home study with approx. four weeks distance learning prior to the three practical days.
Contact our Keep Fit Association Training Secretary in the email below for an application form.
Don’t forget I’m eligible for the Open Bursary! To apply please click here
Additional Training Information
Unit 1 Distance learning - Body systems and age related changes
- Effects of ageing on Body Systems/common related medical conditions
- Benefits and risks of physical activity
- Facts and philosophy of ageing
- Vulnerable adults
Unit 2 Practical Application - Safe movement including falls prevention
- Alternatives and adaptations to movement for specific conditions related to ageing
- Maintain health and skill related fitness
- Postural stability/falls prevention
- Warm up/cool down
Unit 3 Pracitcal Application - Maintaining independance, planning and teaching
- Positive benefits of using Laban’s analysis of movement
- Physical objectives
- Music, mental stimulation, social interaction
- Formative teaching practice/ assessment
For further information about The Keep Fit Association, please select the link in Additional Training Information in Additional Course Details.
23rd Nov 2020, 10th Jan, 14th Jan, 7th Feb, 21st Feb, 7th & 21st March 2021 - Online (6x 3 hour sessions) Contact email@example.com for further information and application form.
6th Feb 2021 - Online and physical meeting if Government COVID-19 guidelines permit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and application form.
|Course Fee £ 250.00|