Sit & Stay Fit Module
Do you want to expand your employment opportunities and broaden your CV?
Then the KFA Sit and Stay Fit Module will enable you to teach chair based classes.
The module will cover:
- Age related changes to the body systems
- Adapting movement for common medical conditions that may affect class participation
- Planning and teaching Laban movement content for chair based classes
The module includes a combination of distance learning and interactive practical training that will focus on balance, flexibility, strength and co-ordination together with postural stability to help with falls prevention.
This chair based module will cover home study with approx. four weeks distance learning prior to six online sessions.
For an application form contact email@example.com.
Don’t forget I’m eligible for the Open Bursary! To apply please click here
Additional Training Information
Unit 1 Distance learning - Body systems and age related changes
- Effects of ageing on Body Systems/common related medical conditions
- Benefits and risks of physical activity
- Facts and philosophy of ageing
- Vulnerable adults
Unit 2 Practical Application - Safe movement including falls prevention
- Alternatives and adaptations to movement for specific conditions related to ageing
- Maintain health and skill related fitness
- Postural stability/falls prevention
- Warm up/cool down
Unit 3 Practical Application - Maintaining independence, planning and teaching
- Positive benefits of using Laban’s analysis of movement
- Physical objectives
- Music, mental stimulation, social interaction
- Formative teaching practice/ assessment
For further information about The Keep Fit Association, please click here.
3rd and 24th February, 2nd and 23rd March, 13th and 20th April 2024 - Distance learning begins on 8th January 2024
14th and 28th April, 12th May, 2nd and 23rd June, 7th July 2024 - Distance learning begins on 18th March 2024
21st and 28th July, 4th and 11th August, 1st and 8th September 2024 - Distance learning begins on 3rd June 2024
6th and 20th October, 3rd, 17th and 24th November 2024 - Distance learning begins on 9th September 2024
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and application form.
The Keep Fit Association as now registered as a CIMSPA Training Provider and this module carries 10 CIMSPA CPD points.
|Course Fee £ 250.00|