EMD UK Training Bursary Full Terms and Conditions
The EMD UK training bursary is a financial contribution towards course fees for teachers that are committed to working with EMD UK to increase participation in group exercise. The training bursary is enabled through Sport England* investment and provides the opportunity for more individuals to train in the context of group exercise..
*In order to receive the training bursary you will be required to deliver group exercise classes in England.
The two key benefits of the bursary include a subsidised course fee and a free EMD UK instructor support package.
Excellent benefits of our instructor support package include (these prices are subject to change):
- Combined Liability Insurance - up to £10 million
- Discount on your PPL
- Discounted REPs
- Support and advice from our Instructor Support Officer
- Class listings on the EMD UK website
- INSPIRE - a free quarterly e-zine
- Access to the EMD UK support network including our private FB and Twitter forums
- Once qualified and delivering group exercise sessions, the teacher is expected to log class details and participant numbers via the online database**
- The teacher is expected to commence delivery of classes within 3 months of qualification (6 months for Level 3 courses)***
- The teacher is expected to deliver classes for a MINIMUM of 1 year***
** Level 3 teachers will be required to affiliate to their chosen discipline and to deliver membership classes and to promote full membership within all private classes.
If an individual fails to complete their training course or deliver classes as an EMD UK teacher and log their classes via the EMDUK online system, the individual must reimburse EMDUK with the full amount of the investment made.
All worksheets, theory exams and practical assessments will need to be completed within 6 months of the course finishing. If you have not sat a retake within the 6 month*** timeframe you will be required to repay the EMD UK training bursary.
***EMDUK may alter the above time periods should the teacher evidence reasonable need
As a result of accepting the EMD UK training bursary you will receive your chosen training course at the advertised, subsidised fee. Your acceptance will be kept on record by the EMD UK office and should you not comply with the terms as outlined above you will be requested to repay EMD UK the full amount of the investment made.
Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
If you have accepted the Training Bursary for the Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement, once you have qualified you agree that:
- The assessor is expected to commence delivering assessments within 3 months of qualification.
- The assessor is expected to deliver assessments for a minimum of 1 year.
- The assessor will receive an Essential membership package with EMD UK upon completion and accepting the bursary.
EMD UK Payment Full Terms and Conditions
- A £100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Any changes to your payment plan are at the sole discretion of EMD UK and will only be made following a written request from yourself.
- If you fail to make a payment by the agreed method then you are in debit to EMD UK for the full course fee less any paid amounts. EMDUK reserve the right to restrict access to or amend your course booking, withhold course materials, course exam results and certificates immediately and without notice.
- EMD UK reserve the right to reclaim any outstanding and unpaid amounts, which may include undertaking legal action.
- EMD UK offers three payment options:
- Payment in full at time of booking.
- Pay a £100 deposit at the time of booking, and the remaining course fee 1 calendar month prior to the first practical training day. If a student fails to pay their remaining course fee in the specified timeframe, EMD UK reserve the right to refuse admittance to the training days.
- Pay a £100 deposit at the time of booking, and the remaining fee via 5 monthly payments. This option includes a built-in admin fee of £50. The first monthly payment will be due the first calendar month after booking, and for 5 consecutive months. If a student fails to make a payment, EMD UK reserve the right to refuse admittance to the training days, withhold examination results, and/or withhold certification.
- If a student has a discount code entitling them to discounted course fees, the student must e-mail EMD UK with the discount code within 14 days of booking. Failure to contact EMD UK within the specified timeframes will result in the student forfeiting the use of their discount code.
- You have the right to cancel your course booking and obtain a refund of the fees paid to date* if you inform us within 14 working days from the date of booking your course. If the course has started within those 14 working days you agree that this right of cancellation shall not apply. *With the exception of the £100 deposit, which is non-refundable and will not be returned under this cancellation.
- If you cancel your course after 14 working days from the date of booking no refund will apply, and your full course fee will still be applicable.
- If you need to transfer to an alternative course you will need to inform EMD UK in writing. If a change of date is given before the online learning commences there will be a £50 administration charge. If a change of date is given after the online learning part of your course has commenced the EMD UK will charge you for the full course fee of your original course, in addition to the full course fee for the course you transfer to.
- If you need to transfer to another course you will need to secure your place and attend an alternative course within 6 months of your original course. Failure to book onto another course within this timeframe will result in the loss of any monies paid to date.
- In the unlikely event that EMD UK has to cancel a course we will offer you the choice of alternative dates. If these dates are not suitable to you EMDUK will refund any monies paid to date, including the £100 deposit. If you are booked onto a Combo Package and have completed your discipline training before your course with EMD UK has taken place, you are required to pay in full for your discipline training.
- If you are unable to attend your course due to illness you will be required to submit a medical letter to EMD UK. On this basis we will transfer your course fees to another course or offer you a full refund. If you are booked onto a Combo Package and have completed your discipline training before your course with EMD UK has taken place, you are required to pay in full for your discipline training. If you have attended some or all of your training days prior to submitting a medical letter, you waive your right to a full refund, but your course fees will still be able to be transferred to a later course.
- If you are unable to attend your course assessment days due to illness you will be required to submit a medical note to EMD UK. On this basis we will transfer the allocated assessment date to another available pre-set assessment date option.
- If you are unable to attend the assessment day due to a non-medical related reason you will need to inform EMD UK in writing. If notice is given after the online learning part of your course has commenced there will be a £50 administration charge. Failure to attend a scheduled assessment will also result in a £50 administration charge.
- Delivery of your course
- Dates, times and locations for courses are accurate at the time of booking, however EMD UK reserve the right to alter times, dates and locations if this is unavoidable or for reasons beyond our control.
- Course descriptions, content and delivery are accurate at the time of booking however, EMD UK reserve the right to discontinue courses and/or modules or make changes to the content and delivery style.
- You are responsible for arranging your own accommodation and any transportation to and from the agreed location as indicated on your booking confirmation.
- Certificates will be issued with the name supplied by you on your booking confirmation. If you require this to be changed a £10 administration fee is required.
- No certificates will be issued unless payment has been received in full.
- Responsibility and Liability
- EMD UK does not guarantee that successfully completing a course will provide you with anything other than the qualification granted under that course.
- EMD UK shall not be liable for any loss, damages, costs, claims, demands, expenses or liabilities of whatsoever nature arising out the delivery of the course.
Other CPD Courses Full Terms and Conditions
If you are attending a KFA CPD course please visit this link to see full bursary and payment terms and conditions. https://emduk.org/kfa-laban-dance-fitness-bursary-payment-terms-conditions/ .
If you are attending a Medau CPD course please visit this link to see full bursary and payment terms and conditions. https://emduk.org/medau-elements-bursary-payment-terms-conditions/ .
If you are booking onto the Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise or Level 3 Applied Human Biology for Exercise courses please refer to the payment terms and conditions above. Please note, an EMD UK bursary cannot be used in conjunction with these courses.