EMD UK Training Bursary Full Terms and Conditions
The EMD UK training bursary is a financial contribution towards course fees for teachers that are committed to working with EMD UK to increase participation in group exercise. The training bursary is enabled through Sport England* investment and provides the opportunity for more individuals to train in the context of group exercise...
*In order to receive the training bursary you will be required to deliver group exercise classes in England.
The two key benefits of the bursary include a subsidised course fee and a complementary EMD UK instructor support package.
Excellent benefits of our instructor support package include (these prices are subject to change):
- Combined Liability Insurance - up to £10 million
- Discount on your PPL
- Discounted REPs
- Support and advice from our Instructor Support Officer
- Class listings on the EMD UK website
- Access to the EMD UK support network including our private FB and Twitter forums
- Once qualified and delivering group exercise sessions, the teacher is expected to log class details and participant numbers via the online database
- The teacher is expected to commence delivery of classes within 3 months of qualification (6 months for Level 3 courses)**
- The teacher is expected to deliver classes for a MINIMUM of 1 year***
** Level 3 teachers will be required to affiliate to their chosen discipline and to deliver membership classes and to promote full membership within all private classes.
If an individual fails to complete their training course or deliver classes as an EMD UK teacher and log their classes via the EMD UK online system, the individual must reimburse EMD UK with the full amount of the investment made.
All worksheets, theory exams and practical assessments will need to be completed within 6 months of the course finishing. If you have not sat a retake within the 6 month*** timeframe you will be required to repay the EMD UK training bursary.
***EMD UK may alter the above time periods should the teacher evidence reasonable need
As a result of accepting the EMD UK training bursary you will receive your chosen training course at the advertised, subsidised fee. Your acceptance will be kept on record by the EMD UK office and should you not comply with the terms as outlined above you will be requested to repay EMD UK the full amount of the investment made.
Level 3 Education and Training / Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
If you have accepted the Training Bursary for the Level 3 Education and Training or the Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement, once you have qualified you agree that:
- The Tutor/Assessor is expected to commence delivering courses/assessments within 3 months of qualification.
- The Tutor/Assessor is expected to deliver courses/assessments for a minimum of 1 year.
- The Tutor/Assessor will receive an Essential membership package with EMD UK upon completion and accepting the bursary.
EMD UK Payment Full Terms and Conditions
- EMD UK offers 3 payment Plans:
- Payment Plan 1: Payment in Full (applies to all course special offers)
- Payment in full at time of booking.
- Payment Plan 2: Deposit Now, Pay the balance, 1 month prior to start date
- Pay a £100 deposit at the time of booking and pay the balance of the course fee 1 calendar month prior to the first practical training day. If the course does not have any practical training days, the full course fee must be paid before any training materials are distributed.
- Payment Plan 3: Flexible Payment Plan
- Pay £100 deposit at the time of booking, and the remaining fee over 5 monthly payments, each one due the 6th day of the next 5 calendar months, after booking.
- A £100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking
- Once you have agreed to your payment plan any changes to your payment plan are at the sole discretion of EMD UK and will only be made following a written request from yourself.
- If you fail to make a payment by the agreed timescale then you are in debt to EMD UK for the full course fee less any paid amounts. EMD UK reserve the right to restrict access to or amend your course booking, withhold course materials, course exam results and certificates immediately and without notice.
- EMD UK reserve the right to reclaim any outstanding and unpaid amounts, which may include legal action.
- If you have a discount code entitling you to discounted course fees, you must e-mail EMD UK with the discount code within 14 days of booking. Failure to contact EMD UK within the specified timeframes will result in the student forfeiting the use of their discount code.
- You have the right to cancel your course booking and obtain a full refund of the fees paid to date if you inform us within 7 working days from the date of booking your course.
- You have the right to cancel your course up until 1 month prior to the start date of your course and receive a full refund, minus the deposit of £100.
- If you need to transfer to an alternative course you will need to inform EMD UK in writing. If a change of date is given before the online learning commences there will be a £50 administration charge. Please note that during the current Covid 19 period of lockdown, defined by the government, learners will not be charged the £50 administration fee.
- If you need to transfer to another course you will need to secure your place and attend the alternative course within 6 months of your original course. Failure to book onto another course within this timeframe will result in the loss of any monies paid to date.
- In the unlikely event that EMD UK has to cancel a course we will offer you at least one alternative date. If this date(s) is not suitable to you EMD UK will refund any monies paid to date, including the £100 deposit. If you are booked onto a Duo Package and have completed your discipline training before your course with EMD UK has taken place, you are required to pay in full for your discipline training.
- If you are unable to attend your course due to illness you will be required to submit a medical letter to EMD UK. Subject to receiving this letter, we will book you onto another course or offer you a full refund. If you are booked onto a Duo Package and have completed your discipline training before your course with EMD UK has taken place, you are required to pay in full for your discipline training. If you have attended some or all your training days prior to submitting a medical letter, you waive your right to a full refund, but you will be offered a place on another course in order to complete your training.
- If you are unable to attend your course assessment days due to illness you will be required to submit a medical note to EMD UK; if it is a non-medical reason you will need to inform EMD UK in writing. EMD UK will endeavour to transfer your allocated assessment date to another available pre-set assessment date option. If notice is given after the online learning part of your course has commenced there will be a £50 administration charge. Failure to attend a scheduled assessment will also result in a £50 administration charge.
- Delivery of your course
- Dates, times and locations for courses are correct at the time of booking, however EMD UK reserve the right to alter times, dates and locations
- Course descriptions, content and delivery are accurate at the time of booking however, EMD UK reserve the right to discontinue courses and/or modules or make changes to the content and delivery style. In this case refunds will be made in full.
- You are responsible for arranging your own accommodation, transportation to and from the agreed location and any associated costs, as indicated on your booking confirmation.
- In accordance with Active IQ requirements, you are required to complete and qualify for your Level 2 qualification within 18 months or your Level 3 qualification within two years. Failure to do so may result in you needing to attend a full course again. EMD UK will not be liable for any costs incurred with attending an additional course.
- Certificates will be issued with the name supplied by you on your booking confirmation. If you require this to be changed a £10 administration fee is payable.
- No certificates will be issued until payment has been received in full.
- Responsibility and Liability
- EMD UK does not guarantee that successfully completing a course will provide you with anything other than the qualification granted under that course.
- EMD UK shall not be liable for any loss, damages, costs, claims, demands, expenses or liabilities of whatsoever nature arising out the delivery of the course.
Other CPD Courses Full Terms and Conditions
If you are booking onto the Level 2 & Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology for courses, please refer to the payment terms and conditions above. Please note, an EMD UK bursary cannot be used in conjunction with these courses.
If you are attending a KFA CPD course, please visit this link to see full bursary and payment terms and conditions. https://emduk.org/kfa-laban-dance-fitness-bursary-payment-terms-conditions/ .
If you are attending a Medau CPD course, please visit this link to see full bursary and payment terms and conditions. https://emduk.org/medau-elements-bursary-payment-terms-conditions/ .